The following criteria applies for all youth sports programs, including school-based, club, and recreational programs:
- Youth sports and physical education are permitted only when physical distancing of at least six feet can be maintained and a stable cohort, such as a class, that limits the risk of transmission.
- Activities should take place outside to the maximum extent possible. If indoors, cloth face coverings must be worn at all times.
- For sports that cannot be conducted with sufficient distancing or cohorting, only physical conditioning and training is permitted, and only where physical distancing can be maintained such as with individual skill-building movements. For example: running drills, and body weight resistance training.
- COVID-19 Cases & Hospitalizations are Spiking in Orange County and Here in Irvine - December 4, 2020
- Irvine Resident Named City’s Veteran of the Year - December 3, 2020
- From Congress to School Board, Here’s Who Irvine Voters Elected on November 3rd - December 2, 2020