Our latest Irvine Community Poll asked: Do you favor or oppose the City Council action to replace the Veterans Cemetery in the Great Park with zoning for developer FivePoint to build 812,000 square feet of office and commercial development?
Below are just a sampling of the comments we have received from the almost 500 people that have taken the poll. So far the results are: Favor: 8%, Oppose: 92%. To view even more comments, click here.
- Yvonne Homan (Oppose): The City of Irvine is doing a great disservice to its citizens and Veterans by, once again, compromising portions of the Great Park land to a developer. Its citizens and Veterans clearly have spoken against more high density commercial development. Let the VA Cemetery go ahead as planned.
- Marla Hester (Oppose): Why is it so hard for our Council to do what the citizens of Irvine want? I don’t understand how you can act on interests that will not benefit what the Irvine citizens want. Your acts are selfish. What happened to decency and ethics of your Office?
- Steve Harlow (Oppose): I am not surprised by the actions of the 3 members of the City Council [Mayor Wagner and Councilmembers Shea and Fox-ed.]. I would suggest that we start a movement to remove them from office.
- Sign Up Now: Saturday Science Series for High School Students in April - February 26, 2021
- Homeowners Demand Action by City Officials Over Growing Concerns of Adverse Health Effects from North Irvine Asphalt Plant - February 21, 2021
- How Irvine Residents Can Participate in City Council Meetings - February 19, 2021