This is the ninth in a series of articles on how to get the most out of your iPhone. I have been using iPhones for more than six years and have discovered hundreds of useful features within this marvelous device. These articles will help you discover the hidden power of your iPhone.
Today’s Two Tips
No. 1: Warp Speed Access to Top of List.
There is an easy way to scroll up to the top of a long list: tap the time display at the top of the screen. It will scroll to the beginning at Warp speed. This trick works for Music, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Safari, and many other built-in and third party apps that have lists.
No. 2: Picture a Contact.
Attach a photo to any entry in Contacts. Then, any time a call is received from that person, their picture will show up on the screen while the iPhone is ringing.
Here’s how to attach a picture to a contact:
- Select the contact and tap Edit at the upper right corner.
- Tap the add photo circle at the upper left.
- Select Take Photo or Choose Photo.
- Pinch and move to size and center
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
Take their picture. Or use a picture already in the Photos app, possibly from an email, text message, Webpage, or Facebook page.
If you have 3D Touch, press firmly on any contact picture to open options to phone, message, or Facetime that person.
A Special Note from Jake
I am pleased to announce my Spring workshop — Most Useful iPhone Secrets: Hidden Features Every User Should Know — that I’ll be presenting at the new Quail Hill Community Center: Thursdays, 7 – 9 pm on April 13, 20, 27 and May 4. Price: $40 for Irvine residents for all 4 sessions, plus $15 for the handout (or print it yourself and save $15). www.cityofirvine.org/community-services-department/classes-activities or call 949-724-6610. Quail Hill Community Park, 35 Shady Canyon Drive, Irvine 92603.
Latest posts by Jake Jacobs (see all)
- Jake’s iPhone Tips: “Do not disturb while driving!” - December 1, 2017
- Read ICNV on the iPhone Apple News App! - September 19, 2017
- Jake’s iPhone Tips: Tips On Using The Mail App On The iPhone - August 27, 2017