This is the eighth in a series of articles on how to get the most out of your iPhone. I have been using iPhones for more than six years and have discovered hundreds of useful features within this marvelous device. These articles will help you discover the hidden power of your iPhone.
Organize Your Apps
When there are numerous apps on your iPhone, they should be organized. Here is a basic strategy:
> Fill the slots in the first home screen with all the apps that are used very frequently. Shown here are the ones that I have chosen. Place the most used apps towards the bottom.
> Choose the four apps that are used the most. Place those four app icons into the Dock area at the bottom of the home screen. The Dock area is always present no matter what home screen is visible. I have chosen Phone, Mail, Calendar, and HanDBase as my four most used apps.
In my second home screen (not shown) I have placed the apps that I use the next most frequently.
> In my third home screen I have placed many apps into various folders, and then I have labeled each folder with a description of the type of apps to be found therein.
In subsequent pages I have mixtures of folders and app icons.
Here is how to arrange folders and icons: hold your finger on any icon until they all start to jiggle. While they are jiggling …
- Create a folder: drag one icon on top of another. Tap the new folder name field to rename it.
- Relocate icons on the home screen: drag the icon to a different location or page, or into a folder, or drag an icon out of the folder.
- Delete a folder: drag all the icons out of it.
- Delete an app by tapping the circle x on the app icon.
Stop the jiggling when you are done rearranging the icons by tapping the home button.
Take control of your iPhone! Put apps where you want them.
Latest posts by Jake Jacobs (see all)
- Jake’s iPhone Tips: “Do not disturb while driving!” - December 1, 2017
- Read ICNV on the iPhone Apple News App! - September 19, 2017
- Jake’s iPhone Tips: Tips On Using The Mail App On The iPhone - August 27, 2017