Garden Workshop: Veggie Gardens
Saturday, Apr 27, 2019
10:00am – 11:00am
Garden Workshop: Successful Veggie Gardens in Containers
Price: Free/Ages 12+
Location: Farm + Food Lab
Bad soil, no yard, or just want to avoid backbreaking digging? Gardening in containers is the solution. All veggies and even small fruit trees can be successful and prodigious producers in containers. UC Master Gardeners will discuss the right containers for the right plants, planting tips, irrigation techniques, and plant care to insure a bountiful harvest of home-grown edibles.
REGISTER HERE (link is external)
Workshops are conducted at the Great Park Farm + Food Lab and hosted by Solutions For Urban Agriculture in cooperation with University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Orange County.
Garden Workshop Spring Schedule:
• Saturday, March 2: Edible Gardening Workshop #1: Site Selection and Soil Preparation
• Saturday, March 23: Edible Gardening Workshop #2: Garden Plan, Plant Selection, and Planting
• Saturday, April 13: Edible Gardening Workshop #3: Irrigation, Mulching, Weed Control, and Fertilizing
• Saturday, April 27: Successful Veggie Gardens in Containers
• Saturday, May 4: Edible Gardening Workshop #4: Pest and Disease Control, Harvesting
Farm + Food Lab.
Farm + Food Lab