Edible Gardening Workshop
Saturday, Apr 13, 2019
10:00am – 11:00am
Edible Gardening Workshop #3: Irrigation, Mulching, Weed Control, and Fertilizing
Price: Free/Ages 12+
Location: Farm + Food Lab
Regular and adequate watering is key to plant growth and production as well as providing adequate nutrients for steady growth. Weed control techniques such as mulching save time and labor. UC Master Gardeners will provide tips and techniques for sustaining steady growth and production in the garden.
Workshops are conducted at the Great Park Farm + Food Lab and hosted by Solutions For Urban Agriculture in cooperation with University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners of Orange County.
Garden Workshop Spring Schedule:
• Saturday, March 2: Edible Gardening Workshop #1: Site Selection and Soil Preparation
• Saturday, March 23: Edible Gardening Workshop #2: Garden Plan, Plant Selection, and Planting
• Saturday, April 13: Edible Gardening Workshop #3: Irrigation, Mulching, Weed Control, and Fertilizing
• Saturday, April 27: Successful Veggie Gardens in Containers
• Saturday, May 4: Edible Gardening Workshop #4: Pest and Disease Control, Harvesting
Farm + Food Lab.
Farm + Food Lab